Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shalom

Me: Hey Rae, can you do something for me?
Rae: Sure
Me: Well, today is a Czech and Slovak holiday…
Rae: Do you need me to hit Lubka with a stick?
Me: No, but I am so glad you asked that! You can if you want to. It is Three Kings Day; it is the day when the wise men came to bring gifts to Jesus. In the Czech Republic and Slovakia, the wise men come by and write their initials in chalk above the doorway. Could you write in chalk or with paper " K + M + B" above your doorway?
Rae: Yeah, no problem. Is there anything else I should do?
Me: No, I don’t think so. Most of the time people dress up like the wise men and put the initials above the doorway, but you don’t need to do that.
Rae: Is there anything I should say, like ‘Shalom’?
Me: Yeah! Say ‘Shalom’ and then hit her with a stick!

1 comment: