Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Seven pages

Seven pages. Full pages. Back and front college ruled. This was my written essay that I had to orchestrate from three questions in two and a half hours. What do I have to show for knowledge obtained in my first month of graduate school for my Research Methods class? Seven pages. Full pages. Back and front college ruled. And with small print. Well, the first three pages were small print. Pages four and five had more cursive and short hand, but are, for the most part, neat print. Page six was when I realized I had twenty minutes to do the last essay. Page seven is the same handwriting I would use to write in my journal after a long day when, out of obligation, I would record basic information and then close my eyes to enter into my dream. Seven pages. Full pages. Back and front college ruled. The last paragraph on page seven started with the word ‘whith’. It was then crossed out, then written again, the same way, ‘whith’. I remember crossing out the second failed attempt. I started a new line and exhaled while slowing, concentrating and spelling out W-I-T-H. I wrote out a few more sentences that hopefully paraphrased my last page and a half of writing. Finally. I have finished. Seven pages. Full pages. Back and front college ruled.

No comments:

Post a Comment