Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Thrown Away #1

Today was trash day. I threw away some red socks. I loved these socks. A woman made them for me on my mission. She knit them and brought them to me one day at church. I loved wearing them because they were warm, but more than that, I thought of the care that went into making them. And how excited she was to give them to me. I should have tried to fix them before they were beyond repair. I guess we had a good run. I have probably had them for six years. They were a quick reminder back to my mission and the lovely people I met there. One day I hope I will be able to knit socks; and the first pair I make, they're going to be red.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I still love the picture + blog = throw away idea. Happy to see you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete