Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mimo

I changed the name of this blog. Mimo is a Czech word, a preposition. It means besides, by, past, or despite. I heard this often to describe neighboring towns: Long Beach is ‘mimo’ Seal Beach.
In a different context, I heard someone excuse themselves with an apology and say, “I was ‘mimo’”. This was, to me, amusing. I could completely relate to this idea. I know how I can be in a conversation and one aspect of it catches my attention, and I will skip behind the synapses in my mind to a new thought and eliminate the background noise, or, unfortunately, a conversation.
Sometimes I feel this way in general about myself; that I am close, but not quite in the same town. That’s okay; it’s petty good over here, too.
Thus, the new name of the blog has been created.

No comments:

Post a Comment